Tuesday 1 December 2015

Christmas 2015

On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me: A Partridge in a Pear Tree.

Today is the day… To open the first door on the advent calendars, get ready to put the Christmas decorations up and start to get in the festive spirit – unless you’re like me who has been excited since the beginning of November.

Christmas is my favourite time of year - I love everything to do with it from buying and wrapping presents to listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas films. My all-time favourite Christmas film is Miracle on 34th Street – if you have never seen it before I recommend you watch it. It will definitely get you into the true spirit of Christmas.

What is your all-time favourite Christmas film? Comment below with your answers. I am interested to see what films everyone enjoys and to find out about some I have never seen before so I can watch over the Christmas holidays.

I can’t wait to put my decorations up this weekend, as then I truly know it is nearly Christmas. The tree is up in Student Services and it is making me very happy and very festive! The college tree will be getting decorated in the next few days so watch out for that!

There are a few events coming up in the next few weeks on the lead up to Christmas from Film Clubs to trips to the Metro Centre, if you are interested in any of these events come and see me in Student Services for more information.

Comment below: What is your favourite thing to do on Christmas Eve?

Mine is going to the pantomime with all the kids from dancing and then coming home to put my new PJs on and watch Christmas TV with the family and eating takeaway. A few years ago my favourite thing to watch on Christmas Eve was “Noel’s Christmas Present”, which made me cry every time the stories were so touching.


“I'm not just a whimsical figure who wears a charming suit and affects a jolly demeanour. You know, I'm a symbol. I'm a symbol of the human ability to be able to suppress the selfish and hateful tendencies that rule the major part of our lives. If you can't believe, if you can't accept anything on faith, then you're doomed for a life dominated by doubt.” Miracle on 34th Street

No comments:

Post a Comment