Friday 6 November 2015

Introducing Me

Hi, my name is Erin Blackett and I am the new Student Engagement Officer here at the college! I recently completed 2 years at Brinkburn 6th Form studying A Levels but realised university wasn’t for me so looked at apprenticeships and found this position. I love what my job entails as it enables me to gain first-hand experience whilst completing a qualification in management. In the next 5 years I hope to become an event planner and this role provides me with a great insight into what this would be like. 

Whilst at the college I am keen to ensure that students are involved with a range of activities in addition to their academic commitments. I know first-hand how stressful college life can be and balancing a social life can help to reduce the stress. I want to encourage all students to have fun whilst learning and really enjoy their time at college. 

 As part of my role I manage the Student Ambassador team and am currently recruiting, so watch this space to meet your new ambassadors! If you would like to come and speak to me regarding college activities or ideas about what you would like to see developed to improve your college experience, I am located at the back of student services (next to the monkey!). Otherwise feel free to catch me around college; if I look lost I probably am as I'm still finding my feet here at college!

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I need to be”
I apologise in advance for any Disney references I am a rather large Disney geek so there may be a few in my later posts J

No comments:

Post a Comment