Saturday 7 November 2015

Student Governor Meeting

On the 5th November I travelled to Newcastle accompanied by two students (Carla and Thomas) to attend Student Governor Induction Training. We arrived by train and then proceeded to head towards the building; however we got lost as I trusted Google and it led me the wrong way (I am not very good at directions anyway!).

The building was rather posh and I felt a bit like a fish out of water but it wasn’t as scary as it seemed. Everyone seemed very friendly and the speaker was very laid back and informal. We were discussing all about board room meetings and what would happen in a governor meeting, which all seemed very confusing to me and they mentioned words which I had never even heard of so they may as well have been speaking some foreign language. A key part of the training was learning about boardroom behaviour especially body language, which can speak a thousand words before you even speak one.

Overall the event was full of lots of information that will help me in the future from sitting in meetings to just meeting new people.

"To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart." – Sr. Thomas Watson 


No comments:

Post a Comment